You don’t want to mess with Jamie Lee Curtis. The once and future Laurie Strode has made a name for herself as a total badass on and off the screen. And now Curtis is challenging Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness to a feud. Curtis stars in the Michelle Yeoh vehicle Everything Everywhere All at Once, which is currently in theaters. And if you haven’t seen EEAAO yet, RUN don’t walk. The film is a trippy, wildly original dip into the multiverse that is easily one of the best films of the year.
Curtis posted a side-by-side of the films’ posters on her Instagram, jokingly calling out MoM with the caption, “Is it JUST me? Does it seem STRANGE that our tiny movie that could and did and continues to do ## 1movieinamerica and is TRULY MARVELOUS, out marvels any Marvel movie they put out there @everythingeverywheremovie has a Marvel movie coming out with a copycat poster? ”
She added, ‘Is this one of those internet feuds? All I’ll say is we would SLAY in a family feud contest @familyfeud with the Doctor Strange strangers. ”
Curtis added fuel to the fire with another IG post, where she posts the New York Times review of MoM with the caption, “🚨TRUTH ALERT🚨 @ everythingeverywheremovie is MARVELOUS! It has a deep BEATING heart and BRILLIANT visual treats, EXTRAORDINARY performances and FANTASTIC BEASTLY FIGHT SCENES …… AND it COST LESS than the ENTIRE craft service budget on Doctor Strange and / or any other Marvel movie. COMPETITIVE? Fuck YES. I wasn’t head cheerleader in high school for nothing. And PS our movie has a dynamite dildo fight scene as well as a very erotic hotdog hand mating dance and rocks.🌭👀🪨 ♠ ️ #guessiwillneverbecastinamarvelmovie “.
Shots FIRED. Team Curtis and Team EEAAO!
(image: Vittorio Zunino Celotto / Getty Images)
- Here’s a deep dive into the end credits of ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’. (via EW)
- James Gunn reflects on wrapping up the Guardians of the Galaxy saga. (via Collider)
- Benedict Wong has ideas for a Wong-centric Disney + series. (via Nerdist)
- The first teaser for Amazon Prime’s ‘Paper Girls’ series is here!
- We love these Mother’s Day cards from A24 and ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’.
- Speaking of EEAAO, A24 is selling hot dog finger gloves and yes, they’re sold out. (via A24)
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with these superhero moms. (via Marvel)
Happy Free Comic Book Day, Mary Suevians! What’s on your pull list today?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyonehate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]