Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Dmitry Bivol meet in a huge light heavyweight contest.
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez returns to the light heavyweight division in an attempt to win a second world title at 175lbs.
Canelo will take on WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol amid speculation that a win for the Mexican would kick off a pursuit of all four belts in the division.
Bivol boasts an unbeaten record but Canelo became undisputed at 168lbs last year and a win on Saturday could tee up a huge trilogy rematch with Gennadiy Golovkin.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Canelo vs. Bivol.
Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca Bivol fight date, start time
- Date : Saturday, May 7
- Time : 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT / 1 am BST
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 11 pm ET / 8 pm PT / 4 am BST
The main card is scheduled to get underway at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT / 1 am BST with main event ringwalks scheduled for 11 pm ET / 8 pm PT / 4 am BST. These timings could change due to the length of the undercard bouts.
Canelo vs. Canelo Bivol on DAZN?
The card will stream live on DAZN in over 200 countries across the globe (excluding Mexico and Latin America). You can sign up for a subscription here. However if you are in Argentina, Chile and Colombia you must download the DAZN app from the Apple App Store or Android Google Play store and then sign up from there, rather than via web browser.
Fight fans in the US and Canada can watch the fight on DAZN PPV, more information can be found here.
What devices are supported on DAZN?
DAZN is available on web browsers at DAZN.com (except Argentina, Chile and Colombia) and also has apps available for all of the following TV and streaming devices:
|Mobile Devices||TV & Streaming Devices||Game Consoles|
|iPhone, iPad||Amazon Fire TV||Playstation 4|
|Android phones, tablets||Amazon Fire TV Stick||Playstation 5|
|Amazon Fire tablet||Android TV||XBox One|
|Apple TV||XBox Series X | S|
|LG Smart TV, Smartcast|
|Panasonic Smart TV|
|Samsung Smart TV|
|Sony Smart TV|
Where is the Canelo vs Bivol fight?
The fight takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez record and bio
- Nationality: Mexico
- Date of birth: July 18, 1990
- Height: 5 ‘8 ”
- Reach: 70.5 ”
- Total fights: 60
- Record: 57-1-2 (39 KOs)
Dmitry Bivol record and bio
- Date of birth: December 18, 1990
- Height: 6 ‘0 ”
- Reach: 72 ”
- Total fights: 19
- Record: 19-0 (11 KOs)
Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca Bivol fight card
- Saul ‘Canelo’ vs. Alvarez Dmitry Bivol; For Bivol’s WBA light heavyweight title
- Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca Zhilei Zhang; Heavyweight
- FC Augsburg vs. FSV Frankfurt Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela; Super lightweight
- Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca Christian Gomez; Welterweight
- VfL Bochum vs. 1. FC Union Berlin Jose Soto; Flyweight
- Ajax vs. Vitesse Aaron Silva; Middleweight
- Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca Pedro Vincente Scharbaai; Lightweight
- Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca Manuel Correa; Super featherweight
- VfL Bochum vs. 1. FC Union Berlin Ricardo Valdovinos; Super lightweight